[ltp] X40, suspend and dual-head

Nacho Barrientos Arias linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:19:34 +0200

Hello,

I've been digging around the mailing list archives but I didn't find
any clue to fix these problems. My apologies if it's documented
somewhere.

I'm a happy owner of a Thinkpad X40 running Debian GNU/Linux with a
debian-patched 2.6.22 kernel. Everything works in good shape except
the following issues.

Suspend to RAM works good outside Xorg, but with Xorg running, once
resumed, the screen is completely ruined with several black zones that
renders the session unusable. Restarting Xorg does not fix the problem
since the screen continues with those annoying black zones.

On the other hand, I use xrandr to turn on and select the resolution
of the external monitor through the VGA output. Well, 1024x768 set up
in both screens works fine, but if I set 800x600 in the external
monitor the resolution does not fit the screen (i.e. some parts of the
screen are not shown), is there any way to make the outputs
'independent' (i.e. have the whole screen in both outputs using
different resolutions)?

I'm using Xorg 7.2, i810, ibm_acpi and console framebuffer. I tried
several fixes such as "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" as a kernel boot option,
"SAVE_VIDEO_PCI_STATE=true" as an acpi_support option and so on
without success.

Feel free to ask for whatever config file you want.

Thanks in advance,

--
bye,
   - Nacho