[ltp] ata_piix on a t42p

Theodore Tso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:13:12 -0400

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 03:53:17PM -0400, Bill Andrus wrote:

> > > Although not for the Ultrabay drives (those are still PATA) with the
> > > T60's.  Does anyone know if things are any different with the
> T61/X61's?
>
> Wrong, the T60 Ultrabay supports both PATA and SATA 2nd HDD plates, at
> least both of mine do.

Sorry, what I was trying to say was that the T60 ultrabay seems to
insist on using PATA emulation for the Ultrabay.  I am using a SATA
drive in my T60p ultrabay, but I haven't been able to get it
recognized as a SATA drive when using AHCI.

> > Yes. T61/X61 are full SATA, although if you are not careful, the ICH will
> > emulate a PATA port for the Ultrabay (!).
>
> And its a royal pain to a drive switched from emulation to AHCI, too!

Sounds like you've figured out how to do this; care to let us in on
the secret?

						- Ted