[ltp] Bluetooth hotkey problem with T41

Mlundgre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:35:53 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I installed Ubuntu 7.04 to my T41 thinkpad a while ago. Almost everything
has been working perfectly, except that I have encountered a minor problem
with the bluetooth hotkey (all other hotkeys are working ok). Fn­+F5 hotkey
doesn't switch bluetooth on and off. Bluetooth itself is working ok, but I'd
like to switch it off easily when not used to save battery life...

After noticing this issue, I checked IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras Driver readme
-document and there was told that bluetooth can be enabled and disabled
using following commands:

echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth
echo disable > /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth

When trying above mentioned commands with or without sudo, outcome is always
the same:

bash: /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth: Permission denied

Only way to turn bluetooth on/off is to use "su sudo" command to get root
privileges before entering above mentioned commands and I guess it's not the
recommended way to handle this issue...

I'd like get Fn+F5 hotkey working, but don't know how it can be done.

Thanks in advance,
Miksu