[ltp] Re: Re: need help with T43p, fglrx display drivers and suspend to ram

Raanan Manor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:11:12 +0300

On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 12:01 +0200,
linux-thinkpad-request@linux-thinkpad.org wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Raanan Manor <raanan@opcat.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running Ubuntu on a thinkpad T43p, everything works except the
> > suspend to ram and hibernation. I am using the the fglrx drivers
> version
> > 8.37 and i also tried the new 8.39.
> >
> > I have spent more then 10 hours trying to make this work, trying
> allot
> > of xorg.conf options. I really don't want to get back to Windows so
> any
> > help will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks for any info.
>
> Why not use the open source radeon driver?
>
> Alex

I tried the radeon driver but I could not configure it to enable 3D
acceleration or to support two monitors configuration on the LCD -
1600x1200 resolution and one the CRT1 - 1680x1050. Maybe my card is not
supported by it.

Thanks.

Raanan.