[ltp] Re: radeon tv-out

Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:54:25 -0400

On 8/11/07, Leon Brokken <leon.brokken@med.lu.se> wrote:
> Leon Brokken wrote:
> > Marius Gedminas wrote:

> >> xrandr --output S-video --off ought to work.

> >> xrandr --output S-video --set TV_FORMAT PAL might work.  xrandr --verbose
> >> will give you a list of formats.
> >>

> > Working here too! To a certain extend... I get a black and white image,
> > and it's a bit to big. When I switch to tv-out using atitvout I have to
> > specify resolution 640x480, so I guess I'll have to wait until different
> > resolutions are supported by xrandr?
> >

> I have to correct that: atitvout works fine at 800x600

the tv encoder can support almost any resolution.  it has a scaler to
scale the signal up to down to whatever format your tv wants.  The
problem is it's a rather complex process and I've only gotten 800x600
working at the moment.  It shouldn't be too hard to add other modes in
the future using a hacked up version of radeontool to spy how the bios
sets the regs.  atitvout just uses the bios to bang on the hardware
directly.  it has nothing to do with the bios.

If you can't get tv-out working with my driver, could you grab
airled's radeontool
(http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/airlied/radeontool.git;a=summary)
and run (as root):
./radeontool regmatch '*' > xorg_tvout.log
after enabing tv-out in the driver and then
./radeontool regmatch '*' > bios_tvout.log
after enabling tv-out using atitvout.

then send me the logs.

Alex

> > What is the default TV_FORMAT?
> >
> When I try to set PAL using your suggested syntax (above) I get

right.  you'll have to use tv_standard.  The change won't take affect
until you set the output mode again (turn output off and on).

Alex