[ltp] Re: Re: need help with T43p, fglrx display drivers and suspend to ram

Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:10:16 -0400

On 8/11/07, Raanan Manor <raanan@opcat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 11:02 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > On 8/11/07, Raanan Manor <raanan@opcat.com> wrote:

> > > I tried the radeon driver but I could not configure it to enable 3D
> > > acceleration or to support two monitors configuration on the LCD -
> > > 1600x1200 resolution and one the CRT1 - 1680x1050. Maybe my card is not
> > > supported by it.
> >
> > 3D should be supported just fine on this card.  what problems were you
> > having?  if you tried to mix the radeon driver with fglrx, you might
> > have run into problem with left over fglrx libs conflicting with the
> > regular xorg versions.  For dualhead, you can use mergedfb with the
> > currently released radeon driver, or grab the randr-1.2 branch and you
> > will have full output control (turn outputs on/off, switch between
> > dual/single head on the fly).
> >
> > Alex
>
> I removed the fglrx drivers, installed the radeon and now 3D is working,
> AIGLX, compiz-fusion works also.
>
> The problems i have now with this driver is -
>
> 1) system crash when doing resume from suspend.
> 2) I can not configure a dual screen Clone, where one screen is
> 1600x1200 and the other should be configured auto to it's max resolution
> as this is the CRT output which i use with 1680x1050 wide-screen or for
> presentations with different projectors.
>
> the settings i have now (below) cause the resolution to be fixed at
> 1680x1200. and i need it to be configured auto and correctly by the
> attached CRT screen.

if you remove the metamodes line below, it should configure a clone
mode with the largest modes from each head based on the ddc info from
start up.  If you want full runtime control, you'll either have to
define all the possible metamodes you want to use or use the randr-1.2
branch.

Alex