[ltp] Re: Re: need help with T43p, fglrx display drivers and suspend to ram

Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:17:22 -0400

On 8/11/07, Raanan Manor <raanan@opcat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 11:02 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > On 8/11/07, Raanan Manor <raanan@opcat.com> wrote:

> > > I tried the radeon driver but I could not configure it to enable 3D
> > > acceleration or to support two monitors configuration on the LCD -
> > > 1600x1200 resolution and one the CRT1 - 1680x1050. Maybe my card is not
> > > supported by it.
> >
> > 3D should be supported just fine on this card.  what problems were you
> > having?  if you tried to mix the radeon driver with fglrx, you might
> > have run into problem with left over fglrx libs conflicting with the
> > regular xorg versions.  For dualhead, you can use mergedfb with the
> > currently released radeon driver, or grab the randr-1.2 branch and you
> > will have full output control (turn outputs on/off, switch between
> > dual/single head on the fly).
> >
> > Alex
>
> Also, is this the url of the randr-1.2 ?
>
>  git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati

that's the git repository.  That contains all branches.  Here's what
you'll need to do.

1. make sure you have at least xserver 1.3 or higher
2. install your distro's xorg-dev, xserver-dev, mesa-dev packages
3. backup your old ati_drv.so and radeon_drv.so
4. grab the ati git tree:
git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
5. switch to the newly cloned directory
cd xf86-video-ati
6. check out the randr-1.2 branch
git 1.4:
git checkout randr-1.2
git 1.5:
git checkout origin/randr-1.2
7. ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
8. make
9. as root:
make install

if you want to play with tv-out, you also need the latest xrandr package:
1. git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/app/xrandr
2. cd xrandr
3. ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
4. make
5. as root:
make install

Once you've done that you can use xrandr to control your outputs and
crtc orientations.

Alex