[ltp] Solution to the "1802: Unauthorized network card" problem in recent thinkpad systems

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:42:36 +0200

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 03:52:16PM -0400, Colin Bonini wrote:
> I found the information you posted on the 1802 problem - I have an R40
> Thinkpad.  Where can I get your "no-1802" utility and how do I boot to dos
> in XP to run it?  Any help would be great.  Thanks!!
Maybe you know that this is linux-thinkpad, it is not just a name,
it is really about running linux on thinkpads.

As usual, thinkwiki has the solution:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_unauthorized_MiniPCI_network_card#Solutions

I guess you will have to search for a dos boot floppy, maybe
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Regards, Daniel.