[ltp] Radeon TV-Out, xrandr, git-driver and features

Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:59:22 -0400

On 8/13/07, Nils <linuxuser@knabber.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated the xrandr Howto with TV-Out support and other nice features with
> the new xrandr. (Thank you, Alex!)
>
> I have test the radeon-git-driver and the xrandr-git-version and I found the
> following problems: (with T41p)
>
> 1.) the new driver generate very big fonts on my screen compared to the
> standard debian driver from experimental 6.6.193-1 or 6.6.192 (feature or bug
> or changes with dpi ?)

At the moment we do not know the location of the display size fields
in the radeon bios tables so we don't actually know the physical size
of the panel.  The older mergedfb driver had code to attempt to
calculate the dpi based on the attached monitors along with some
fallbacks.  You should be able to specify a monitor for the LVDS
output and set the display size there.  This should work, but I
haven't verified it.

> 2.) google earth is really slow and disabling "low-impact fallback"
> with "driconf" let the system crash after starting google earth. This is
> working with an old version of the driver (e.g. 6.6.3 debian lenny)

Not sure on this one.  what versions of mesa and the drm are you using?

> 3.) AccelMethod EXA is not usable - moving windows is very slow. XAA seems to
> be working great.

You might try changing the migration heuristic for exa.  I think
greedy or always may improve things.  Either way, at the moment exa
only really helps when using composite.

Alex