[ltp] X61 Brightness Question

Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:18:24 -0300

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
> I knew the 0xffff mask, but not the 0xffffff

Always read the thinkpad-acpi docs, people :-)  I keep it up-to-date.

> I implemented 2 small scripts in my acpi events based on the
> brightness keys (I kicked out the "video" module again), and now I can
> easily change the brightness of the screen.
> The only trouble is that the brightness level is not picked up in
> /sys/class/backlight or /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness

thinkpad-acpi not yet supports the brightness stuff in new thinkpads.

BTW, probably you *will* have to make peace with the video module sooner or
later.

> What I currently do is change the setting thru /proc/acpi/ibm/cmos

Look at the -latest- thinkpad-acpi docs, search for brightness_mode.  It
should have a fix for *that*, at least.  But it should also be activated
automatically in anything Lenovo... are you using the very latest
thinkpad-acpi from ibm-acpi.sf.net?

> Only thing left for me to get running now are the volume up/down buttons

Good luck. thinkpad-acpi cannot help you there yet in very new thinkpads, if
it doesn't work out-of-the-box...

  Henrique Holschuh