[ltp] ThinkVantage Client Security Solution

Andrew J. Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:03:24 -0400

Hi, I have a T61 that came with Vista Home Basic. Naturally, I
installed Linux at first chance, but I have been playing with some of
the included software on the Vista side just out of curiosity. One
piece of software that has piqued my interest is the "ThinkVantage
Client Security Solution", which I assume is a software stack for the
TPM chip. I would like to check it out, but I am loathe to "activate"
it because I'm afraid it will make it impossible for me to boot or
even install Linux, which is my preferred system.  Does anyone know
anything about this program and what it will do if I activate it?

--
Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,
your economic theory makes no sense...