[ltp] Re: radeon tv-out

Marcus Klemm linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:55:19 +0200

------=_Part_80537_28074093.1187204119973

*Alex Deucher wrote:
*> It's a hardware limitation.  the overlay can only be sourced to one
> crtc at a time.  fglrx probably implements Xv using YUV textures or
> shaders.
There are two kinds of XVideo in FGLRX. A new one, based on the 3D
hardware (called AVIVO),
and an old one. Both of them do work on both heads.

> As I said, there are still some issues with Xv and randr in the radeon
> driver.  They should be fixed soon.  Once it's fixed the randr driver
> will work the same as the mergedfb one in regards to the overlay.
Okay, so I will try again in a couple of weeks.

Thank you very much for your answers. I'm looking forward to switch to
the free driver entirely.

Ciao, Marcus