[ltp] Fedora 6, T60, ATI radeon mobility X1400 won't see new widescreen at 1680x1050, only at 12x10

Hamish linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:15:32 +0100

On Friday 17 August 2007 05:42, Whil Hentzen wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> A brand spankin' new ViewSonic 22" widescreen showed up today and
> instead of eatin' dinner, I had to rip open the box and replace my
> trustworthy ol' 19" guy.
>
> Things have not gone well. In short, the widescreen won't recognize 1680
> x 1050 mode when I'm running Fedora Core 6. It'll only show 1280x1024
> (which, on a widescreen, is making me blind.)

FWIW I had the exact same problems on my z61p. Both on the internal 1680x1050
LCD and on an external 1680x1050 LCD... I eventually used the ATI proprietary
drivers and they manage to drive the monitors OK... Although with the usual
caveats about tainting the kernel etc... (And some stuff which breaks on the
ATI drivers).