[ltp] Fedora 6, T60, ATI radeon mobility X1400 won't see new widescreen at 1680x1050, only at 12x10

Whil Hentzen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:59:59 -0500

Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Whil Hentzen wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> A brand spankin' new ViewSonic 22" widescreen showed up today and
>> instead of eatin' dinner, I had to rip open the box and replace my
>> trustworthy ol' 19" guy.
>>
>> Things have not gone well. In short, the widescreen won't recognize 1680
>> x 1050 mode when I'm running Fedora Core 6. It'll only show 1280x1024
>> (which, on a widescreen, is making me blind.)
>
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~jkt/thinkpad-t60/xorg.conf ,

Thanks for the pointer...

Gave this a shot, still ran into the same "Couldn't start Xserver on
card0" followed by a "Couldn't start Xserver with default config, trying
fresh config", followed by a lockup and a cold boot required.

I noticed the "fglrx" Device. Do I have to grab a driver and stuff?
(Never done that before.)

Also... I notice the line "clone" in there. I'm guessing you're running
two monitors, simultaneously, or just using the script (below) to flip
back and forth?

Whil
Milwaukee, WI