[ltp] Fedora 6, T60, ATI radeon mobility X1400 won't see new widescreen at 1680x1050, only at 12x10

Jan Kundrát linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:51:09 +0200

--------------enig0FE53B7475E5C1B2F5599F66

Whil Hentzen wrote:
> I noticed the "fglrx" Device. Do I have to grab a driver and stuff?
> (Never done that before.)

Yes, you do. The X1400 card is not supported by any production-quality
free driver [1], so you have to get the fglrx. I have tno idea about how
to do that under Fedora, but I guess there are some unofficial
third-party repositories that you want to add to your apt/yum configurati=
on.

> Also... I notice the line "clone" in there. I'm guessing you're running=

> two monitors, simultaneously, or just using the script (below) to flip
> back and forth?

I use that script (bound to the Fn+F7) to cycle between:

* internal LCD only, 1400x1050
* external monitor hooked to the VGA port, 1680x1050
* both of the above mentioned options, 1680x1050

I also switch the gamma settings, but I guess you don't desperately need
that.

[1] There's the new and very promising avivo, but it hasn't reached
maturity yet.

Cheers,
-jkt

--=20