[ltp] X61 Brightness Question

Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:08:23 -0300

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
> I tried it again, but no difference!
> I have the video module loaded and there seems to be some input from
> the brightness keys according to dmesg, but I can see no difference in
> the actual brightness.
>
> I'm 100% sure acpid and hal are not loaded.
>
> Now what?

Now it is file-a-bug-on-the-kernel time... please file a bug against the
ACPI video module in bugzilla.kernel.org.  Attach the acpidump and dmesg,
and all relevant info, please.

It may still be a firmware problem, and not a kernel problem.  But the video
maintainer will be able to tell that from the acpidump.

Remember to tell him that in thinkpads, the SSDTs are likely to have the
video stuff (the acpidump has the DSDT and also all SSDTs).

  Henrique Holschuh