[ltp] Fedora 6, T60, ATI radeon mobility X1400 won't see new widescreen at 1680x1050, only at 12x10

Whil Hentzen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:30:28 -0500

Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Whil Hentzen wrote:
>> I noticed the "fglrx" Device. Do I have to grab a driver and stuff?
>> (Never done that before.)
>
> Yes, you do. The X1400 card is not supported by any production-quality
> free driver [1], so you have to get the fglrx. I have tno idea about how
> to do that under Fedora, but I guess there are some unofficial
> third-party repositories that you want to add to your apt/yum configuration.

Yeah, Jon pointed one out. That'll be a fun weekend...

>> Also... I notice the line "clone" in there. I'm guessing you're running
>> two monitors, simultaneously, or just using the script (below) to flip
>> back and forth?
>
> I use that script (bound to the Fn+F7) to cycle between:
>
> * internal LCD only, 1400x1050
> * external monitor hooked to the VGA port, 1680x1050
> * both of the above mentioned options, 1680x1050

Hmmmm. I don't expect to moving around with this box that much, but I'll
keep it handy...

I had everything just perfectly set; why'd I want to mess with it just
for a wider display???? /rueful g/

Whil
Milwaukee, WI