[ltp] ATI Radeon and external monitor troubles

Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:57:50 +0300

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 02:43:39PM +0200, Marcel Merkel wrote:
> I'm struggling to get my external monitor on my t42 to work (laptop lcd
> 1024x7168) . I'm using debian unstable with the open source radeon
> driver.

I had that working perfectly (T42, Radeon 7500, 1024x768 laptop panel,
1280x1024 external LCD monitor), in several ways, with the pre-randr-1.2
radeon driver.  You could take a look at my xorg.conf:
<http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf>.  It has lots of comments (may outdated)
and (too many) alternative configurations (expressed server layouts).

IIRC I had to boot (or maybe just restart X) once with the external
monitor (1280x1024) plugged in.  After that I could
suspend/resume/plug/unplug the external monitor at will, switching
between dual-head and clone modes with xrandr.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Hacking graphics in X is like finding sqrt(pi) with roman numerals.
        -- man xdaliclock

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--