[ltp] 2nd HD

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:21:40 +0200

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:34:27 -0700
Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net> wrote:

> John,
>
> I have a similar disk on a T41; did you ever get hot swap to work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Dan

Hi Dan, I hadn't tried until you asked.  I recently installed the
hotswap software though so I gave it a shot.  Command line, xhotswap
and khotswap all work for me.  I tried removing an installed DVD and
replaced it with a HD.  Worked fine.  Was able to mount the drive
and work with files. Then I removed the HD and replaced it with the
DVD again. Gxine wasn't happy at that point.  Although the T23 was
running fine, I had to reboot in order for the DVD drive to be
recognized.  I may have caused the problem by not unmounting the
HD before swapping back to the DVD.  You think? ;-)  Haven't gone back
to check that yet although I'd expect a warning message or just plain
unmounting the drive before telling me to proceed. Anyway, it's not
perfect but better than crashing as it did before when removing a
device.  John