[ltp] 2nd HD

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:37:47 +0200

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:50:59 -0700
Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net> wrote:

> John,
>
> I don't know about hotswap. What distro are you running? Where did
> you get hotswap? Where are the sources?
>
> I will give it a try.
>
> - Dan

One further note, from Jonathan Yavner's page,
http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/T23/ he has this note that got me
thinking in the first place: "Problem: Ejecting drive from UltraBay
causes system crash. Fix: Install debian package "hotswap", which is
then accessed via menu "Applications ⇒ Debian ⇒ Apps ⇒ System ⇒
xhotswap" or via line-mode command "hotswap". Grump: The hotswap
program complains about a missing file /etc/hotswaprc.  The minimum
contents for that file are "<hotswap></hotswap>". Grump: The hotswap
command does not turn off power to the UltraBay.  For that, use "echo
eject >/proc/acpi/ibm/bay". "