[ltp] Re: 3com 3CRWE154G72 Wireless network on Mandriva and T20

Peter Crighton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:17:15 +0100

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:35:51 -0400, you wrote:

>> point). Encryption is WPA Preshared key. The AP was set to Pre-shared
>> passphrase and I pasted the hex key below the phrase (after the phrase
>> didn't work). I've tried changing the AP to Manual pre shared key
>
>AFAIK there is no such thing as a "hex key" in WPA.
>Are you confusing WPA and WEP?

Hi,

No - I'm using WPA.

My router (a 3com) allows two ways of entering the key - a passphrase
or a hex key. Both work with the PDA. The passphrase works with
Windows and the laptop (never tried hex key before).

However, even unecrypted doesn't work with Mandriva. I'm surprised
no-one's come up with a solution.

Out of interest, does anyone have a Thinkpad with Mandriva 2007
working with a wifi card and WPA?
--

Peter Crighton