[ltp] Losing trackpoint after suspend

Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:46:15 +0100

When it gets into trouble, open a terminal, and (as root), successively
  cat /dev/input/mouse*   while moving the tpoint. Ctrl-C to stop.
Do you get a random string of gobbledegook?

If you really don't want the trackpad, use custom symlinks in xorg.conf,
and a udev rule. See here for how I did it:
  http://www.richardneill.org/a22p-mdk11-0.php#x

Best wishes,

Richard