[ltp] r300+fireglT2+google_earth?

Andreas Loeffler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:50:40 +0200

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 20:28 +0200, Nils wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody a working google-earth installation?
> I installed google earth 4.1 beta and it's very slow, wrong rendered (a nearly
> empty globe at the start screen) and crashes my computer sometimes. If I
> disable Low-Impact fallback (this was a solution a year ago) it crashs after
> starting ?!?
>
> Nils

it works for me...
with Low-Impact fallback google did not crash but damn slow
(unusable) ... in addition i added
Option          "GARTSize"      "64"
which improved performance as well and get rid of flickering

--
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 20060815 AGP 4x x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.1

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI FireGL Mobility T2 (1)"
        Driver          "radeon"

        Option          "AGPMode"       "4"
        Option          "AGPFastWrite"  "off"
        Option          "DynamicClocks" "on"
        Option          "ColorTiling"   "on"
#       Option          "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
        Option          "AGPSize"       "64
        Option          "GARTSize"      "64"
        Option          "RenderAccel"   "boolean"
        Option          "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, NONE"
        Option          "DisableLowImpactFallback" "on"
#        Option "DDCMode" "off"
        # Force to use the modes queried from the connected monitor.
        # The default is off.
#       Option "IgnoreEDID" "on"

        # Do not use EDID data for mode validation,
        # but DDC is still used for monitor detection.
        # This is different from NoDDC option.
        # The default value is off.

        BusID   "PCI:1:0:0"
#       Option "MergedFB" "on"