[ltp] 3d acceleration, debian/unstable, T41 (radeon 7500)

Atte André Jensen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:32:19 +0200

Hi

On my T41 I have two partitions one running debian/stable (where 3d
acceleration works fine) and one that I just installed running
debian/unstable (where 3d acceleration doesn't work). I use the same
xorg.conf file (which btw is here http://atte.dk/download/xorg.conf) on
both installations, so something els must be different. Could it be that
I forgot to install a certain package under unstable? Any ideas? Anyone
running debian/unstable with 3d acceleration on radeon 7500? Here's some
info:

atte@ajstrup:~$ lspci | grep Rad
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility
M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

atte@ajstrup:~$ glx
glxdemo   glxgears  glxheads  glxinfo

atte@ajstrup:~$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo | grep rendering
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.2.0 radeon (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_add_dispatch)
libGL error: unable to find driver: radeon_dri.so
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.2.0 radeon (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_add_dispatch)
libGL error: unable to find driver: radeon_dri.so
direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting
LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)

atte@ajstrup:~$ grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(EE) Unable to find a valid framebuffer device
(EE) RADEON(0): Failed to open framebuffer device, consult warnings
and/or errors above for possible reasons

Regarding the last one: the warnings are (and they are exactly the same
under stable, where 3d accel works):
(WW) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
(WW) open /dev/fb1: No such file or directory
(WW) open /dev/fb2: No such file or directory
(WW) open /dev/fb3: No such file or directory
(WW) open /dev/fb4: No such file or directory
(WW) open /dev/fb5: No such file or directory
(WW) open /dev/fb6: No such file or directory
(WW) open /dev/fb7: No such file or directory

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen