[ltp] T23: suspend resumes immediately: moon light stays blinking

Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:31:38 +0300

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 08:23:13AM -0400, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Here's my suspend problem on my T23: Invoking suspend appears to little. I
> can see the network disconnect, but then immediately reconnect. The logs s
> how an immediate resume. The "moon" indicator light starts blinking, and
> never stops.=20
>=20
> I'm running Ubuntu Feisty with a 2.6.20 kernel.=20

I had working suspend with Ubuntu on my T23.  (Not Feisty, though, the
motherboard died a couple of years ago when Feisty didn't exist.)

> There is one unorthodox thing about the laptop: Ubuntu was install on a T=
20,
> and I copied the hard drive into this new machine. That could be
> related. :)

Shouldn't be.  Unless you had some weird configuration (e.g. adding
kernel options to grub's menu.lst to force APM instead of ACPI).

> Below are the related log file contents:
>=20
> In /var/log/acpid, it is clear that it is running, but not clear that it
> ever recieved the "suspend" event:

Well, if you get the blinking moonlight, something sees the suspend
event.  The indicator is software-controlled (when you use ACPI).

What's in your /etc/default/acpi-support?  Do you see

  ACPI_SLEEP=3Dtrue

in there?

> Perhaps also related, The CPU Frequency Scaling applet quit showing any
> options a few days ago and now reports "Frequency Scaling Unsupported".=
=20

This used to work on my T23.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Many people enjoy Perl, many enjoy Python, some enjoy /bin/tcsh.  The latter
population should however, needless to say, be put into working camps.
        -- viktor on Slashdot

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--