[ltp] Problem with haldaemon and thinkpad_acpi

Read H O L (AT) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:17:05 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7E4F9.687BC665

Hi,
   Im having a problem with mandriva 2007.1 at the moment (custom =
2.6.22.1 kernel), involving haldaemon and thinkpad_acpi / acpid. In =
order to get the Fn-Fx keys working on my t43p I need to use =
thinkpad_acpi, which has been loaded up fine on startup (options =
thinkpad_acpi hotkey=3Denable,0xffff experimental=3D1 fan_control=3D1). =
The problem I'm having is that the Fn keys don't work, because, when I =
run "fuser -v /proc/acpi/event" it says "/proc/acpi/event:    haldaemon  =
 2095 f.... hald-addon-acpi" which means acpid is not watching for =
events. I can stop haldaemon with "/etc/init.d/haldaemon stop" and start =
acpid with "/etc/init.d/acpid start" and this then makes the Fn keys =
work. The problem I have then is, with haldaemon stopped, kpowersave =
becomes greyed out (no more battery monitor!) and stops working, and =
plugging in usb devices such as my phone (as a mass storage device) no =
longer works! Is there a way around this, getting thinkpad_acpi to work =
that I have missed?

Thanks for any help!

holr

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7E4F9.687BC665

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7652.24">
<TITLE>Problem with haldaemon and thinkpad_acpi</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Im having a problem with mandriva 2007.1 at the moment =
(custom 2.6.22.1 kernel), involving haldaemon and thinkpad_acpi / acpid. =
In order to get the Fn-Fx keys working on my t43p I need to use =
thinkpad_acpi, which has been loaded up fine on startup (options =
thinkpad_acpi hotkey=3Denable,0xffff experimental=3D1 fan_control=3D1). =
The problem I'm having is that the Fn keys don't work, because, when I =
run &quot;fuser -v /proc/acpi/event&quot; it says =
&quot;/proc/acpi/event:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; haldaemon&nbsp;&nbsp; 2095 =
f.... hald-addon-acpi&quot; which means acpid is not watching for =
events. I can stop haldaemon with &quot;/etc/init.d/haldaemon stop&quot; =
and start acpid with &quot;/etc/init.d/acpid start&quot; and this then =
makes the Fn keys work. The problem I have then is, with haldaemon =
stopped, kpowersave becomes greyed out (no more battery monitor!) and =
stops working, and plugging in usb devices such as my phone (as a mass =
storage device) no longer works! Is there a way around this, getting =
thinkpad_acpi to work that I have missed?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for any help!<BR>
<BR>
holr</FONT>