[ltp] cd burning on T60 destroys cds

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:37:46 -0400

On Wednesday 22 August 2007, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i think debian-user or a similar ubuntu list will give you more information
> howto burn CDs/DVDs unter KDE.
>
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Markus Pscheidt wrote:
> > I'm using Ubuntu 6.10 on a ThinkPad T60. I have not been successful so
> > far in burning CDs under Ubuntu. I tried k3b and Serpentine.

This is not a specific response related to the t60, but more generic, and I am
not sure this even applies, because I don't know the kernel version in ubuntu
6.10, but I have had terrible results with the new pata drivers in the
kernel.  I have 4 drives in 3 computers that would not burn properly using
pata, but once I used the legacy ata drivers for the optical drives,
everything is perfect.

Maybe this will help, maybe it won't.

--
Greg