[ltp] xorg: disable external video

Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:21:48 +0200

    Owen> If I could just get xorg to use only the LCD and nothing
    Owen> else, it seems that this would be fixed, and perhaps DRI
    Owen> would work too.  But so far I have not successfully disabled
    Owen> the external video.

    Owen> Does anyone have any hints to give?  Thanks.

If you are using the latest version of xserver-xorg, then the command
xrandr should be able to do what you want.  Here is an example that
shuts off my internal display,

xrandr --output VGA --mode 1024x768  --output LVDS --off

and here is one that binds the two displays together into one screen

xrandr --output VGA --mode 1600x1200 --output LVDS --left-of VGA --mode 1024x768

I guess you probably want something like

xrandr --output VGA --off

you can find out the names of your displays by xrandr with no options.

I am using debian xserver-xorg 1:7.2-5 (X.Org version 1.3.0)

David