[ltp] Detecting lid close

Richard Mittendorfer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:25:20 +0200

Also sprach "Alex Polite" <mylists@polite.se> (Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:44:09 +0200):
> I've been running Linux on a X30 Thinkpad for two years or so. I'd
> like to run a script and then suspend five minutes after detecting a
> lid close. What would be the best way of doing that? BTW I've disabled
> ACPI and use APM instead.

I fear that will be hard without ACPI support. I don't know if there is
a way to tell the OS what happens w/o. Maybe there's a tool somewhere,
but I don't know of one. However, I can be wrong - as I always have
enabled ACPI in the past years.

Is your ACPI borken? Else enable it and use acpid's scripts which
reacts on events like closing lid.. ACPI will give you much more
control and additional fatures (in the case it works ;-) ).

> alex

HTH, ritch