[ltp] T23 sound lost on 2.6.22 kernel

Marcin Trybus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:04:15 +0200

--nextPart2774318.QPvAgJgG72

On Friday, 24 August 2007 14:20, Jon K Hellan wrote:
> I have a T23. Sound has always worked up to kernel 2.6.21, but there is
> no sound output in 2.6.22. (sound input seems to work)
>
> This is Debian sid, with ALSA and OSS emulation. I've got other
> computers whiche I upgraded to kernel 2.6.22 without losing sound.

On my T23 running Debian/etch with custom built 2.6.22.1 (I didn't bother t=
o=20
recompile the kernel since) and audio works fine. I use ALSA with=20
software mixer (as explained here: http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/T23/ ).=
=20
I the past I used to have problems with kmix (on KDE) muting the sound=20
(Master or PCM output to be precise) upon startup.=20

I used the config sent to this list by Tino Keitel on July 20 for the build=
=2E=20
Many thanks to Tino for providing it BTW. :-) Maybe you should give it a=20
try?=20

Regards,=20

Marcin Trybus=20

=2D-=20