[ltp] Re: T23: suspend resumes immediately: moon light stays blinking

Mark Stosberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:47:56 -0400

Damien Challet wrote:

> On Wednesday 22 August 2007 14:31:38 Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 08:23:13AM -0400, Mark Stosberg wrote:
>> > Here's my suspend problem on my T23: Invoking suspend appears to
>> > little. I can see the network disconnect, but then immediately
>> > reconnect. The logs s how an immediate resume. The "moon" indicator
>> > light starts blinking, and never stops.
>

> Try to install the hibernate package and hibernate in a shell in order to
> have more details about what is happening.

So, after doing "apt-get install hibernate": this works perfectly:

sudo hibernate

Although, using Fn-F12 continues to fail as before...with a moon that won't
stop blinking.

Howeving, using "sudo hibernate" maybe good enough for me, so I might stop
worrying about this! (Although if there's a way to hook up ACPI to call the
hibernate script when the buttons are pressed, that would complete the
workaround for me.

  Mark