[ltp] Great distro to try

Connor Behan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:39:40 -0400

------=_Part_3856_3443520.1188491980112

For the past 2 years I've been using Ubuntu and most of my friends who were
Linux users said that at my skill level, I would be crazy to try something
harder... but I did anyway.  If you are looking for a change I highly
recommend Archlinux www.archlinux.org.  It requires some manual setup in
almost every aspect but I find it very thinkpad friendly.  There are severa=
pages in the wiki about configuring it for certain thinkpads, it always use=
a rolling release and if you have an old graphics card (like my 8MB Rage
Mobility M3) DRI/GLX and compositing may still work.  Those never worked fo=
me in Ubuntu but once I took the proper steps in Arch, it was no problem.

Sorry if this sounds like a waste of an e-mail I just thoguht I should put
that out there for those who are interested.

--=20
~=B1~ =BF? =D0=B5 "=A3=80=80=86" J=80=D0=EF =FE\/\/=F1=F0(r) =BF? ~=B1~

------=_Part_3856_3443520.1188491980112

For the past 2 years I've been using Ubuntu and most of my friends who
were Linux users said that at my skill level, I would be crazy to try
something harder... but I did anyway.  If you are looking for a
change I highly recommend Archlinux <a href=3D"http://www.archlinux.org">ww=
w.archlinux.org</a>.&nbsp; It
requires some manual setup in almost every aspect but I find it very
thinkpad friendly.&nbsp; There are several pages in the wiki about
configuring it for certain thinkpads, it always uses a rolling release
and if you have an old graphics card (like my 8MB Rage Mobility M3)
DRI/GLX and compositing may still work.&nbsp; Those never worked for me
in Ubuntu but once I took the proper steps in Arch, it was no problem.<br>
Sorry if this sounds like a waste of an e-mail I just thoguht I should put =
=B1~ =BF? =D0=B5 &quot;=A3=80=80=86&quot; J=80=D0=EF =FE\/\/=F1=F0(r) =BF? =
~=B1~

------=_Part_3856_3443520.1188491980112--