[ltp] Fedora on X60s -- screen config etc

Adrian Walker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:00:44 -0400

------=_Part_2711_23356872.1188511244987

Hi All --

Many thanks for the good advice in answer to my previous question about
naively trying to install RedHat 8.0 on an X60s.

I took the advice to switch to Fedora Core 4, and was able to almost
complete the installation.

However, this leads me to pick your brains further please.....

Q1.  The screen config dialog complains each time I boot the machine, and
will just about make it to an 800x600 display.  Does anyone have a good
.config file for this please?    Preferable 1024xsomething.  Is the file now
called /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?

Q2 .  Screen is stuck at max brightness.  How to control brightness with
Alt-home/end or other method?

Q3.  Hard drive light is always on.  Bug or feature?

Q4.  How to put the machine to sleep or hibernate?

Q5.  Wireless?  Or am I hopelessly optimistic here?

                                  Thanks!   -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki for Executable Open Vocabulary English
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com    Shared use is free

Adrian Walker
Reengineering

------=_Part_2711_23356872.1188511244987

Hi All --<br>
Many thanks for the good advice in answer to my previous question about naively trying to install RedHat 8.0 on an X60s.<br>
I took the advice to switch to Fedora Core 4, and was able to almost complete the installation.<br>
However, this leads me to pick your brains further please.....<br>
Q1.&nbsp; The screen config dialog complains each time I boot the
machine, and will just about make it to an 800x600 display.&nbsp; Does
anyone have a good .config file for this please?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Preferable 1024xsomething.&nbsp; Is the file now called
/etc/X11/xorg.conf ?<br>
Q2 .&nbsp; Screen is stuck at max brightness.&nbsp; How to control brightness with Alt-home/end or other method?<br>
Q3.&nbsp; Hard drive light is always on.&nbsp; Bug or feature?<br>
Q4.&nbsp; How to put the machine to sleep or hibernate?<br>
Q5.&nbsp; Wireless?&nbsp; Or am I hopelessly optimistic here?<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thanks!&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Adrian<br>
Internet Business Logic<br>
A Wiki for Executable Open Vocabulary English<br>
Adrian Walker<br>
Reengineering<br>

------=_Part_2711_23356872.1188511244987--