[ltp] What are you doing with 2 keys around 'up' arrow ?

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:07:48 -0700

After a long battle with technology, Scott Rossillo wrote:
> I created an .Xmodmap in my home dir with the following contents:
> keycode 233 = F19
> keycode 234 = F18
>
> Then I use KDE (or Gnome) key mappings to map them to the previous/next
> tab in konsole and gterm. I'd do the same w/tabs for Firefox if custom
> key bindings were simpler [in Firefox].

Use xbindkeys, then.  Like so:

# in ~/.xbindkeysrc
"/home/me/bin/ctrlpgup.sh &"
   m:0x0  c:234

#!/bin/bash
#ctrlpgup.sh
echo -e "KeyStrPress Ctrl_L\nKeyStrPress Prior\nKeyStrRelease Prior\n \
KeyStrRelease Ctrl_L" | xmacroplay :0
#end ctrlpgup.sh

...make the trivial changes for the other key, and you're set.

This doesn't help with what I'd like to use these keys for.  I'd like to map
these keys to Super_R and Super_L for use with compiz-fusion's default
keybindings.  Problem is, in the default keymap, the keys repeat instead of
sending one KeyPress (like Shift and Alt do).  I don't know how to make them
stop repeating.  Yes, I asked on comp.os.linux.x ; nobody replied.

--
  Och Aye. Twa pounds ten, and that's cutting me puir wee throatie.
  Would ye want that haggis supersized?