[ltp] Re: T61 with X3100 Video Card Problems Ubuntu

Sat, 1 Dec 2007 14:02:52 +0200

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 12:47:39PM +0100, Kai Weber wrote:
> * Leonardo Monasterio <monasterio.ufpel@gmail.com>:
>=20
> > Talking about monitors, screens and resolution, currently I am not
> > able to run compiz. I  "un-blacklisted "  965 as someone suggested,
> > but it is still not working. Could somebody send me a compiz working
> > xorg.conf for the T61 15 inches (intel card)?
>=20
>  .. and please make it public on this list, too. (Having the same
> problems)

I run Compiz on my T16 (15" widescreen @ 1280x800, Intel 965GM).  My
xorg.conf has nothing special, the only custom bit is

  Virtual 2560 1824

in the Screen section.  FWIW I use XAA (which is the default
AccelMethod), because EXA makes my X server crash on login.  This is all
on Ubuntu Gutsy.

To avoid Ubuntu's compiz blacklist I had to=20

  echo SKIP_CHECKS=3Dyes > ~/.config/compiz/compiz-manager=20

If compiz doesn't work for you, it might be a good idea to run
'compiz --replace' from a terminal and see what error messages it
prints.  Or check /var/log/Xorg.0.log for suspicious errors.  One of
the possible reasons for compiz failure is a too-large Virtual setting
that leaves not enough video memory for DRI.

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Attempts to stick to simple on-or-off options lead to monsters like gcc, wh=
ich
now has so many flags that programmers are using genetic algorithms to expl=
ore
them.
        -- http://www.third-bit.com/~gvwilson/xmlprog.html

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0