[ltp] T60, Gutsy, woes!

Robin Randhawa linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:35:22 +0000

Hi Phil.

I'm a T61p Gutsy user so what I have to say doesn't strictly apply to
you but it sounds like I had similar "woes".

I had basically performed an upgrade from Feisty and was facing problems
with wireless, arbitrary gnome session failures etc. On a tip from a
friend, I bent over backwards and did a proper install of Gutsy this
time around.

On the whole, the overall Gutsy experience, especially with respect to
Network Manager was way better.It appears that something broke along the
upgrade path which an fresh install seems to have fixed.

At the moment, I have 2.6.23.9 working well - no wireless issues at all
- had to compile iwl4965 and associated subsystems by hand. So far as I
stick to vesa, I have hibernate working well too. The latest
thinkpad-acpi patches seem to work fine.

Cheers,
Robin