[ltp] T60, Gutsy, woes!

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:18:26 +0000

Again, making progress. I've 'cured' the Skype pause - I have been using
a bluetooth headset and my .asoundrc file specified the bluetooth
device. I removed this and sound plays from Skype fine. I guess Skype
was trying to contact the bt device, and only playing to the sound card
when the bt connect timed out.

The only remaining major problem is that Skype input doesn't work - I'm
not getting anything in from the microphone. I'll play around with sound
recorder and see if that suffers the same problem.

I'm getting very tempted to do a clean install of gutsy - I'm sure at
least some of my problems are due to cruft left over from 6 months of
feisty.

I agree about Skype, but we actually use it for business, with both
Skype-in and Skype-out capabilities. None of the open VOIP solutions
I've look at have the same appearance, to the outside world, of a normal
land-line. We also have some Windoze users (who are currently having a
laugh at my upgrade woes) so any solution has to be cross-platform.

Thanks everyone for their comments.
Phil