[ltp] How to use the input interface?

Tue, 4 Dec 2007 18:18:29 -0200

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> Yeah sort of. I bet we need to edit /usr/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/evdev
> but I don't know how, are there any X hackers around?

Yep, that's it.  It needs to be *very* much expanded and kept up-to-date
with the kernel.  Argh.  The thing doesn't know most of the codes, and does
stupid things for some of the codes (like the "/" for the KEY_VENDOR), which
might be a bug somewhere in my X.org evdev or XKB...

Yes, there's a way to edit and compile and enable those xkb keymaps, but I
don't recall what xkb* util does it.  Never needed to do it before.

Fetching the latest version of the evdev xkb file from xorg git might help
too, they may have a better version than the incomplete one I have from
7.1.1 :)

However, one can probably change the XKB keymap at runtime... you could try
to look into that as well.

  Henrique Holschuh