[ltp] Dual Monitor setup with FireGL on T60p

Nathaniel Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 05:41:09 +0000

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 08:41:23PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Oh, I see.  I had tried that aticonfig a few times -- the aticonfig
> docs say that's the way to get the "Big Desktop".   But, when I tried
> it it always resulted in two separate screens (:0.0 and :0.1).  I
> could move the mouse between them but not the windows.
>
> Then I decided to try another window manager, Icewm, and sure enough I
> do get the Big Desktop where I can move windows between screens.
[...]
> When starting Icewm (with -dtop=horizontal) only one window has Icewm
> running.  I have to manually run DISPLAY=:0.1 icewm in an xterm to get
> the second screen to have a window manager.

...Something very strange is going on here, because having a :0.1 is
equivalent to having two X "Screens", i.e., the mode where you can't
move windows between monitors; with Xinerama, you should just have
:0.0.  Are you *sure* you can really pull windows between monitors
like this?

-- Nathaniel