[ltp] nVidia Quadro NVS 140M and opensource driver

Michael Unterkalmsteiner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 19:09:03 +0100

On Thursday 06 December 2007 14:32:30 S=E9bastien Mazy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, it works well (on a R61 with 1680x1050 screen). Here are the
> versions I use :
> xf86-video-nv 2.1.6
> xorg-server 1.4

Hi S=E9bastien,
thanks for the info (google didn't tell me much...)

Ok, maybe the problems lies here:
xserver-xorg-video-nv 2.1.5
xorg-server 1.3

I'm running gutsy, which is your distribution? Gentoo?=20
Starting the server with nv drivers freezes the machine completely, I have =
to=20
push the power button and reboot.=20

> RandR 1.2 is also supported (unlike with nvidia driver) but when I
> tested it with a dual screen configuration, the primary monitor (ie
> the one with gnome-panel) was the external CRT. As far as I know, it's
> not possible to tell RandR which monitor is the primary one (between
> LVDS and CRT).
>
> Also, I came back to the proprietary driver because nv does not
> provide Xv with G80s and it is not planned, as it would be processed
> by the 3d engine.

That sounds strange, from where did you get that info?

Greetings,
Michael