[ltp] X40 trackpad gone nuts: wipe calibration data?

Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:20:15 +0000

Jon Dowland wrote:
> Hello all, Argh help!
>
> My X40's trackpad has started going bananas. It jumps all
> over the screen and is totally unusable. I've tried
> reducing the sensitivity and that makes things fractionally
> better but still unpredictable (there's not necessarily a
> correlation between which way I push it and which direction
> the pointer goes).

Do you mean the trackpoint (red dot pointing stick), or the touchpad
(smooth surface)?

Assuming you mean the trackpoint, there isn't much configuration data
stored.

My best guess is that you have a loose connection, and you should refer
to the hardware maintenance manual on how to remove the keyboard
assemble. Remove the keyboard, then press the connection firmly back
together.

Richard