[ltp] X40 trackpad gone nuts: wipe calibration data?

Fri, 7 Dec 2007 12:17:29 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> On Fri 07 Dec 2007, chris@idlelion.net wrote:
>
>> Any repair facility will put in an entire keyboard assembly. It takes five
>> minutes to swap it in.
>
> Slightly OT, but your answer reminded me of a query I had:
> To what extent are different ThinkPad keyboards interchangeable?

The hardware maintenance manual has part numbers for each part of each
machine, but in general, they are not interchangeable.

T20, T21, T22 and T23 are somewhat interchangeable. T40 to T42 are very
interchangeable, and T43 somewhat. It all depends.