[ltp] Re:battery suggestion

Riccardo Paterna linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Dec 2007 00:31:49 +0100

>> There was this USB bug which caused laptops to never go into the C3
>> power state, that could be it. Or i could be wrong ;)
>>

> 2h vs 7h sounds more like the CPU is kept at it's highest clock speed.
> Either that, or you have something very power hungry dongling from your
> USB ports.
>
> Daniel

The cpu scaling workfine now i try to recompile kernel with
thinkpad-acpi patch, but the battery duration is the same, Now i can
shutdown the fan ... but i can't understad why the duration is only 2
hours..some one with an Ibm x60 with linux can tell me the battery
duration? Now I use ubuntu 7.10 with kernel 2.6.24rc4 with all
optimization take from powertop.
Thanks to all
cheers

--

 Riccardo Paterna (riccardo -at- paterna.nl || paterna -at- gmail.com)
 [Web] www.paterna.nl