[ltp] CPU temperature on T61

Karel Podvolecky linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:12:05 +0100

Hi,
I have T60 (Core Duo T2400 (1.8GHz) and I have high temperatures too.
But not so high, as you said. Whem it is at full speed and 100% CPU
usage with mutlimedia (eg. video encoding), it is normal to CPU reach
100 degrees.
When I playe some 3D game (UT2k4) GPU goes up to 110 degrees.

As IBM technician said: when it is not shutting down or not garbling
graphics, it is OK and I cannot do anything.

But before a year, my CPU was a lot warmer. It has 70 degrees in idle. I
went to IBM support to replace my CPU. They did it and temperature is
about 15 - 20 degrees less.

kapo