[ltp] USB 2.0 broken

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:10:53 +0100

Hi,

Joerg Platte wrote:
> [[...]]
>=20
> I'm running Debian unstable with a vanilla 2.6.24-rc5 kernel. But I don=
't=20
> think that this is a kernel issue, since it worked up to yesterday and =
USB=20
> 2.0 seems to be broken in windows, too.

No idea about any possible hardware issues (other than that it would=20
surprise me if a mouse worked and a disk did not, because of hardware).

Just to be sure: Did you check you have the necessary modules loaded ?
I just could not use a USB disk on a desktop machine (Debian 3.1) until=20
I loaded additional modules, from memory it was
   usb_uhci (yes, USB 1.1)   usbcore   usb_storage
(please check spelling).

HTH,
J=F6rg

--=20
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de