[ltp] USB 2.0 broken

Joerg Platte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:29:37 +0100

Am Montag, 17. Dezember 2007 schrieb Joerg Bruehe:
Hi,

> No idea about any possible hardware issues (other than that it would
> surprise me if a mouse worked and a disk did not, because of hardware).

The USB 2.0 stuff is handled by another controller within the chipset.

> Just to be sure: Did you check you have the necessary modules loaded ?

Yes. When unloading ehci_hcd the device nodes are created, but the performance
is low. When loading ehci_hcd the LED of my USB stick starts flashing but no
nodes are created. So it seems only the USB 2.0 part is broken.

regards,
Jörg