[ltp] New intel driver and TV-out = no color

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:23:09 +0100

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Fredrik Wendt wrote:

> > [snip] the newer intel drivers
> > have full mode setting support.
>
> But they don't produce colour on the TV output (a greyscale version
> shows up instead). I need to run the old i810 driver to watch stuff on
> TV (which I do quite often: large family/viewers, lots of photos, small
> laptop, large TV).
>
> I'm using Gutsy and the computer is a Z61t (type 9443-4GG) and I live in
> Sweden/Europe so the TV is PAL.
>
> lspci tells me
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
>
> and with -n
>
> 00:02.0 0300: 8086:27a2 (rev 03)
> 00:02.1 0380: 8086:27a6 (rev 03)
>
> I'd be glad if anyone could tell me I'm wrong and that it should work.

TV output in greyscale on INTEL chips and various other laptop chips,
normally indicates that you TV-Set ist NOT capable of PAL-60.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL (Multisystem PAL support and "PAL 60")

So first of all.. try an other (newer) TV.

--
Florian Reitmeir