[ltp] New intel driver and TV-out = no color

Fredrik Wendt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:06:32 +0100

[snip]
> TV output in greyscale on INTEL chips and various other laptop chips,
> normally indicates that you TV-Set ist NOT capable of PAL-60.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL (Multisystem PAL support and "PAL 60")
>
> So first of all.. try an other (newer) TV.

Sure, I can (and will) do that, but I'd prefer to see that the "new"
intel driver supports my own, my parent's, the one in our vacation
cabin, my grandparent's and kid's "old" TV (these I've tried/used so
far) - it's much more appealing to stick around with i810 driver than
having to buy and distribute new TVs all around ...

I'd be happy to donate or help fund this, but I don't know where to look
or who to ask if it's ever going to happen. Replacing all the TV:s
really isn't an option (too expensive; "(wife) -What, You replaced all
the TVs that were working just fine? (me) -yeah, the new driver doesn't
support them sooo I used our savings to ..."; why on earth consume and
throw away perfectly fine equipment that will run at least for another
5-10 years?)

/	Fredrik