[ltp] can't boot installer from ultrabay DVD

ian pert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:14:17 -0500

------=_Part_7373_1720698.1198516457913

I have a T23. I am having difficulty booting from any DVD. I am trying to
install Linux (tried Suse, Fedora, Mandriva boot), and it just doesn't seem
to recognize my DVD-ROM drive as bootable.

In my BIOS boot order, there are 4 options:

Removable Media
CD-ROM
IBA 2.0.44
Hard Disk

I have disabled IBA. I have tried at different times putting Removable Media
and CD-ROM first in the boot order.  It always boots from Hard Disk. If i
disable Hard Disk, then it simply says "Operating System Not Found".

Is it a problem that it recognizes my DVD-ROM as a CD-ROM? Would an Ultrabay
DVD-ROM be considered Removable Media or...?

Very confused