[ltp] Thinkpad T60p Wireless card Advice

Greg Sieranski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:50:23 -0500

    I currently have a t60p with an  Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5418
802.11a/b/g/n Wireless PCI Express Adapter that I have had very minimal
luck getting to work. The madwifi drivers are just not working
consistently enough for me to even bother turning on my wireless. I am
ready to swap the card for either the Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
or the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card. I was just looking for some
advice on which card I should go with. I would really like to be able to
just put the card in, install the firmware drivers and have it work.
What do you guys think? I am running F8 on an x86_64 system.

Merry Christmas,
gs